Sunday, March 5, 2017

Ice Cream Cones Scrapbooking Page Layout Idea

Ice Cream Cones Scrapbooking Page Layout Idea
Every time we take our grandchildren on vacation with us down to the beach we make the point to take them out for ice cream cones and/or ice cream sundaes. There is this one really cool place called Cool Scoops in Wildwood New Jersey that has tables and booths that are replica's of vintage cars that you sit in! The kids get a real kick out of sitting in those old car seats when they eat their ice cream.

To remember this annual family tradition, I took two photos the last time we were there and whipped up a super-easy scrapbook page using them. In addition, all of my embellishments on the page are ones that I had leftover from other projects, so it was a great way to use up some of my scrap stash!

Ice Cream Cones Scrapbooking Page Layout Idea

The background is a sheet of texture cardstock in a solid light turquoise color. I used three strips of paper to make my own bottom boarder and simply cut them out with a wavy edge, layered them together and put them onto the page. I used a coral colored printed piece of scrapbook paper, a dark turquoise textured piece of paper and a solid bright red piece of paper to make the border. Those colors worked well with my photos. Layered on top of the boarder are three chipboard ice cream cone embellishments.

I matted both of the photos (after I cropped them) onto solid bright red cardstock, trimmed that mat leaving an 1/8" edge and matted it again ton the coral piece of printed paper that I had used in the border. This way my photo mat coordinates with the boarder. I left a 3/16" edge around the outer mat.

The word SMILE was made with a glitter adhesive word kit and I used dark turquoise glitter for that. Underneath each photo I used vellum word stickers, SAY CHEESE and TOGETHER FOREVER. To the left of the photo block is a file folder tab that has the date on it and to the right is a thing-a-ma-jig with coral flower epoxy sticker. Both of the embellishments were inked around the edges with turquise colored ink.

I really like the color scheme that I used which pulled out the colors from the photographs. The layout was really simple to put together, allowed me to use up bits & pieces that I had leftover from other projects and I think it's funky looking which I like.

Note: You can double click on the photo to have it automatically open up in a new window and in an enlarged size, so that you can see the details up close!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)