Monday, March 20, 2017

Family Beach Vacation Scrapbook Page Idea

Family Beach Vacation Scrapbook Page Idea
We're really fortunate that we only live 3-4 hours from the Atlantic coast and visit the beach several times every year. Our beach trips are always special with our daughter and her family show up to spend a few days with us. Let's face it...vacation is a lot of fun when the entire family get's together!

I finally found some time to sit down and work on my scrapbooking projects again and to get things rolling...I'm working on our family vacation photos from 2015 to the beach in Wildwood. I had forgotten how many photos I had taken during that trip until I sat down to look through them. During the trip...my daughter was 7 months pregnant and she wanted a few family photos taken that showed off her very pregnant belly.

I decided to go with a simple scrapbook layout and with a pretty neutral color scheme of light beige, brown, seafoam and blue. The background is a sheet of 12" by 12" printed cardstock in a pretty light beige color. I then took two pieces of brown paper and ran them through my machine to turn them into cardboard-looking paper. You can see on the photo where I placed them on the background.

Two vertical photographs were used after they were slightly cropped down and matted onto light turquoise and bright blue cardstock. The inner mat has a 1/8" edge and the outer mat has a 3/16" edge. The title of the page is a block that says "Sunny Day Everyday" which I matted onto the bright blue cardstock and then accented it with a flower embellishment. To add a little pizzazz, I added a tiny turquoise colored rhinestone to the center of the flower. Underneath the title block is a 3-D pennant flag embellishment done in the same color scheme.

The bottom right corner features a travel themed 3-D embellishment and I added a pair of plastic sunglasses to the right upper corner to add more interest. I used a turquoise colored gel ink pen and made a mini list of some of the activities that we did together as a family during that vacation down to the beach. The top right photo is accented with a lighthouse cardstock sticker embellishment and the bottom left photo is accented with a blue ship's anchor cardstock sticker embellishment.

I didn't want to over-do it with the embellishments or color scheme with this particular scrapbook layout because I wanted the two photographs to stand out and speak for themselves.

Note: You can double click on the photograph to get it to open up in a new browsing window and in an enlarged size. That will allow you to see all of the smaller details up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)