Monday, October 10, 2016

Visiting the Pumpkin Patch Scrapbook Layout Idea

Last October we took both of our grandchildren to a local petting farm and pumpkin patch for some Fall festivities. They had a chance to feed baby farm animals, ride tractors, milk a cow, climb on hay bales, go through a corn maze, take a hayride and of course...we visited the pumpkin patch to buy pumpkins for Halloween.

Today's scrapbooking page idea features one 4x6" photo of my grand daughter and my husband. Pappy happens to be the Princess' best friend! At the pumpkin patch, she selected 3 beautiful pumpkins which they later carved into jack-o-lanterns.

My background is a solid sheet of olive green cardstock. Layered on top of it is a sheet of printed scrapbooking paper in a dark red, dark orange, cream and sage green plaid pattern. It measures 12" by 8" in size. The one photo was matted onto dark orange and dark red cardstock with an 1/8" edge around each mat.

The bottom of the page features a pumpkin that I cut out using my Cricut. The pumpkin was a free pattern on the Cricut Design Studio. I cut it from orange, brown and green cardstock and then ran it through my Xyron machine to adhere it to the page. On each side of that is a chipboard dark red maple leaf. I used two different rub-on words to accent that section and one word says MEMORIES and the other word says TOGETHER.

I ran 1/4" by 12" FALL printed satin ribbon at the bottom of the plaid scrapbooking paper and at the top, to act as a frame for that section. Plus, it finished off those edges nicely. The ribbon is in an orange color and has the word FALL printed on it with brown maple leaves.

I had some dark red and dark orange alpha stickers and used those to spell out the words PUMPKIN PATCH. I placed each alpha sticker onto a yellow cardstock square. I then framed those squares with dark red cardstock. I used my postal stamp edged scissors to make a design around the edge of the red cardstock to add interest to the alpha letter blocks.

To finish up, I had a pack of Soft Spoken sticker embellishments that had a 3-dimensional bat sticker which I added to the top left corner of the matted photo and a 3-dimensional jack-o-lantern (pumpkin stack) sticker which I added to the right of the photo.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased how this Pumpkin Patch Halloween scrapbook layout turned out. I was able to use up some of my scrap sized papers and embellishments that I had leftover from other projects. Always nice to use up things from the leftover scrap box for sure!

Note: You can click on each photo in this blog post which will open it up in a new window and in an enlarged size. This will allow you to see the details up close. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)