Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Scrapbooking - A Day in Hershey Layout Idea

We are really fortunate that we live only 20 minutes from Hershey Pennsylvania and travel there pretty often to participate in family-friendly activities. On one particular day we decided to take our 6 year old granddaughter to The Hershey Story Museum on Chocolate Avenue and I made up a few scrapbook pages to remember our day.

The following scrapbooking layout was done in the traditional 12" by 12" format. I don't care for digital scrapbook pages, so this one is totally made with paper.

My background is a sheet of 12" by 12" printed scrapbooking paper. The main color is a beige and it has a printed floral border running down the left side. Since Hershey's chocolate is in a brown color, I wanted to use mostly neutral shades on my page.

For this page I used three photos, two are horizontal and one is vertical. I cropped them all down (slightly) and matted them onto one sheet of dusty blue cardstock, leaving an 1/8" edge. I then matted it again onto chocolate brown cardstock leaving a 3/16" edge. I left head space and footer space above & below the vertical photo. I did my journaling in the footer space and added a chocolate bar sticker to the header space and accented both spaces with some brown pen-ink stitching.

I had a piece of printed chocolate brown & floral pattern pattern and cut a strip to measure the width of my photo block by 3/4" in height. I then used my "fringe edge" scissors and cut a fringe along the one long edge. I used my glue dots runner to attach the fringe strip of paper to the bottom edge of the photo block and then attached the entire thing to the background paper.

Using my Cricut and the Everyday Font Cartridge...I cut out the words The Hershey Story (name of the museum) using the F4 font style and the #2 size setting from chocolate brown cardstock. I put the letters through my adhesive machine and then placed them underneath the photograph block. To finish up, I had three leftover Hershey Kiss stickers and added them on the left-side of the page to frame out the photo block.

This page took me about 45 minutes to make...most of that time spent with cutting out my letters using the Cricut and then running them through my Xryon. Total cost (for all of you frugal scrapbookers was about $2.50 for the page. Yay!

Note: All photos are clickable. Click on each one and it will open up in a new window & in an enlarged size, so that you can view all of the smaller details up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)