Monday, July 11, 2016

Grandpa and Me Scrapbook Layout Idea

Last Fall we took our then 6 1/2 year old grand daughter out on a date. For our "play date" she selected a game of Miniature Golf and then pizza after we were done. During this outing with her, I got 2 great photos of her with her grandpa that I wanted to add to my scrapbook. For the page, I didn't want an overly-cluttered page and I wanted it to be neutral in it's design. I wanted to keep anything girly to the minimum and this is what I came up with.

The page is done in your classic 12" by 12" size and it features two 4" by 6" photographs that were matted onto chocolate brown cardstock with a 3/16" border. The background is a sheet of printed olive green cardstock in a vine and swirl pattern. I used chocolate brown ink and inked around all four edges. Layered on top is a sheet of similar printed cardstock paper that measures 11" square. I inked around all four edges and attached it with a glue stick.

The title of this page is "The Two of Us" which is spelled out with brown chipboard alpha letters. The word TWO and the word US is in all capital letters, because I wanted to show emphasis on those two particular words. I made my own title block out of matching printed paper cardstock (matches the background sheet) and I inked around all four edges. I then matted it onto chocolate brown cardstock, used my paper trimmer and left a 3/16" edge. I attached this title block to the right upper top of the page using 2 chocolate brown brads.I ran the chipboard letters through my Xyron and attached them to the title block.

I then got into my scrap box to pick out some embellishments. I've been trying to use up all of my bits & pieces that I have leftover from other layouts and this was a good page to use them on! I used 2 silk flowers in a muted olive green color to accent each photo. I then used some gel bubble stickers along the left edge of the top photo on the left (FUN, Flower and LIFE). Under that photo I used a vellum sticker that says Grandpa & Me. The photo on the bottom right was accented with another vellum sticker that says FRIENDS. 

To the left of the photo on the bottom you'll find various word & phrase stickers that talk about family, memories, fun, etc. To accent those stickers (the corner was still looking too plain) I used some flower & vine rub-ons that I had in chocolate brown.

Overall, I like how the page turned out. The green & brown color scheme works well for outdoor photos & mini golf, plus the page doesn't look overly feminine since I only used 2 silk floral accents. I tend to go for the "uncluttered" look on my pages while others really like to go over-board with their embellishments. You can click on each photo in this scrapbooking blog post and it will open the photo up in a new browser window & in an enlarged size, which will allow you to see all of the smaller details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)