Friday, July 1, 2016

Scrapbooking: Fall Scrapbook Layout Page Idea

If you love quick and easy scrapbook layouts that aren't full of a lot of clutter and are inexpensive to make, you'll appreciate this FALL scrapbooking page idea. All of the embellishments used on the layout were made with the Cricut and free patterns from the Cricut design studio online.

The layout is in the 12x12" size. The background is a sheet of dark mustard colored cardstock. We used a sheet of olive green, sage green, dark red, dark orange and dark brown (skinny stripes) scrapbooking paper to make the border strip you see on the left of the page and as a mat around all three photos and the journaling block.

We used a sheet of dark red cardstock as the inner mat around two of the photos and around the journaling block, leaving an 1/8" edge. The top right photo was cropped down and placed in an oval shaped cardstock photo frame that has straight outer edges. Using the Cricut, we cut out 3 leaves from dark green cardstock and used one of the leaves as an accent on the oval photo frame and the other 2 leaves as accents on the journaling block.

Instead of using a title...I opted to use the Cricut to cut out the embellishment that runs across the top of the layout from the Design Studio online. You'll need brown, orange and green cardstock to make one like the one that I made. I used glue dots to adhere it to the page.

To finish up the layout...I ran a piece of orange & brown vertical striped ribbon along the edge of the border on the left. I took another piece of ribbon (cream with a autumn leaf print) and tied that into a satin ribbon bow. The bow is accenting the top of the journaling block. I opted to do the journaling in my own handwriting because I think it's important for future generations to see what your handwriting was really like.

I like the simplicity of this Fall & Autumn scrapbooking layout. It only took me about an hour to make and I was able to use up my cardstock scraps to make the top border, journaling block and accents. You can find additional Scrapbook Layouts right here on my craft blog.

Note: You can click on each photo in this blog post and it will open up in a new viewing window and in an enlarged size. This will allow you to see the details up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)