Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Quick and Easy Swimming Pool Scrapbook Layout Idea

I love to sit down and scrapbook my family's memories. With that said, I'm what you would call a "frugal" scrapbooker. I don't believe in putting $10 + dollars into one page and I don't like a gazillion things all over the page which really distracts from the photos & the people in them. On top of that, I'm a paper crafter and dislike digital scrapbooking.

Recently I through together this swimming pool themed scrapbooking page in less than 20 minutes. I wanted to see how quickly I could do a page and with as few embellishments as possible. Some of us love to scrapbook but don't have 6 hours to spend making just one page!

This layout was done on a piece of 12 x 12 white cardstock. The two photos were cropped and matted onto bright yellow and then bright orange cardstock with an 1/16" edge. Underneath the two photos are 6 strips of blue patterned paper each measuring about 1/2" by 8" in length. I took sharp scissors and fringed the edge of each strip which you can't see in the photo...to just add a little texture.

Along the bottom I put a textured cardstock border sticker which features waves. Right above that is a chipboard word that has glitter (SPLASH) which I used a liquid glue pen to add the letters onto the page. Running down the right side of the page are 3 textured cardstock stickers in a swimming theme. The wave border and those 3 stickers all came from a sticker pack that I got on clearance for $1.00. I still have several stickers left to use on another page. Great buy!

I decided to not add a journaling block or tag. I did the journaling around both photos and around two of the stickers on the right side of the page. I think it's important that future generations read YOUR OWN handwriting on some of your pages. Personally, I love seeing handwriting but I do like to see it clearly printed and in small letters.

This swimming pool scrapbooking page layout goes to show you that you can put together a page in less than 30 minutes and do so inexpensively. I also like that it's not overly cluttered and your eyes immediately go to the two photos and not to a slew of embellishments. Just my 2 cents!

1 comment:

jopb said...

You are able to come up with a beautiful layout in such little time. It is a fun page.

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)