Sunday, December 27, 2015

Quick and Easy Christmas Scrapbooking Page Layout Idea

It's hard to believe but Christmas will be here again soon and I am just getting around to scrapbooking some of my photographs from last year. Sigh...where does the time go? Seriously, I need to find MORE time to craft and scrapbook!

If you have been following my craft blog for the past 6 years...you will already know that I am a traditional scrapbooker. I don't get into putting a slew of things on my pages (clutter) and I certainly don't believe in putting $20 or more into one single page. I know others do...but that's not me.

This is a very simple and quick Christmas scrapbooking layout. I used a printed sheet of 12" by 12" Christmas paper that had a Santa border already on it. I used four photos...two that I cropped down into square shapes and two that I cropped down into smaller rectangular shapes. I then matted them onto one sheet of evergreen colored cardstock.

My title is a piece of printed vellum that says "All I Want for Christmas..." I framed up that piece of vellum with evergreen colored cardstock and used glue dots to put it on my page at the top. In my scrap box I found a 3-dimensional Christmas tree embellishment (I believe it's an older Jolee's piece) and added that to my title block on the right side using foam dots.

I elected to NOT do journaling on this page and will be doing it on the coordinating page (working on that page now) because I didn't want the page to be cluttered. I like photos to speak for themselves and to NOT be out-done by a slew of embellishments.

If you like quick, easy and frugal...this Christmas scrapbooking page layout is for you!!!

1 comment:

jopb said...

I agree with you about not having too many comments or embellishments on a page. the photos should speak for themselves. I used to scrapbook many years ago and I think I would enjoy it if I started to do it again. You certainly have given me a lot of ideas.

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)