Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Beach Lover Scrapbooking Layout Idea

A few weeks ago I sat down and came up with this very easy Beach theme'd scrapbooking page. This layout is done in the 12 x 12 format and features 3 photos with numerous embellishments. The photos were ones I took while we were on vacation down at the Jersey Shore back in June of 2014. Hubby and I love to walk the beach and do it twice a day, every day we are there.

My background is a sheet of muted blue 12 x 12 piece of cardstock. I then took a piece of light pale blue and white destressed scrapbooking paper and cropped it down to 10" by 10" in size. I centered it on top of the blue cardstock. I then took a sheet of 8" by 8" pale blue & white striped scrapbooking paper and inked around the edges and placed it on top but off-centered (see photo).

All 3 photos were matted onto dark blue cardstock with a 3/16" edge. The one photo on the left of my hubby is showing him holding a crab. To the right of that one is a smaller square-shaped photo showing the crab close-up. The bottom photo is me standing on the beach at sunset.

The seahorse border strip is a vellum strip from K&Co. as well as the blue crab cardstock sticker that accents my BEACH title. To make my title, I simply placed Alpha letters onto light blue paper and matted them up with dark blue cardstock. The words "Sunburn", "Sun Lover" and "Excursion" are all rub-ons. Can't remember who makes them.

The "Relaxation" quote sticker and the "Happiness Is" quote sticker are left-overs I had from another project so I can't remember who made those either. To finish up the layout, I added a thick chipboard sticker of blue Flip-Flops and a vellum Sandcastle sticker to the page.

This is a really easy page design and would be great for a beginner or someone who doesn't want to spend a lot of money or time doing one scrapbooking page. I am pleased with how it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)