Tuesday, November 11, 2014

4 Generations Scrapbooking Layout Page Idea

Recently my daughter got married in a beautiful outdoor ceremony. Her wedding was absolutely gorgeous and she made for a beautiful bride. To remember her special day, we had the photographer take two photographs featuring 4 generations of family members. These photos include my 66 year old mother, myself, my 29 year old daughter and my 5 1/2 year old little grand daughter.

For the scrapbooking page...I wanted it to be simple and uncluttered as I wanted the two photos to speak for themselves. I think I accomplished that nicely with a simple scrapbooking layout.

The background is a sheet of silver metallic scardstock 12" by 12" size. There is a texture to that piece of cardstock and I like that it is shiny, but not overly so. I slightly cropped down both photos and matted them onto royal blue cardstock, leaving an 1/8" edge.

I used my Cricut to cut out my title letters...a number 4 and the letters to spell out the word Generations. I also used my Cricut to cut out my flourish at the top of the page, all from royal blue cardstock. I matted the number 4 onto a piece of silver cardstock and then matted it onto the royal blue. I did do a little inking around the edges. I added 2 tiny rhinestones to the curls in the flourish to glam it up just a bit.

For embellishments, I made my own bouquet of flowers from royal blue silk flowers, tied them together with royal blue satin ribbon and then added a light blue ribbon bow with a tiny pearl in the center to jazz it up. On each side of that are heart shaped cardstock stickers applied with foam dots. I enhanced the hearts with tiny adhesive-back rhinestones.

I love how clean and uncluttered this scrapbooking layout looks! The photos really do speak for themselves and I am glad we got the photographer to take these two photos for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)