Sunday, November 2, 2014

Turtle Conservation Scrapbooking Layout Idea

A few months ago my family and I took a tour at the Wetlands Institute in Stone Harbor New Jersey. This institute is really big on turtle conversation and preserving the natural coastal habitat of the Jersey Shore.

Last month I showed you all the coordinating page in this 2-page layout and today is the second page. This one goes nicely with the first one and is in the 12 x 12 format.

The background is a sheet of printed cardstock in a muted green and light sand colored print. I had 4 photos and I cropped 2 down into rectangular shapes and 2 down into square shapes. I matted them onto a solid piece of olive green cardstock (see photo above).

I had 2 turtle themed embellishments and I placed one in each square to fill out my photo grid. There are 2 titles on this page "Turtles" which I used my Cricut to cut out the cardstock letters from olive green cardstock and the "Cowabunga" which is a cardstock 3-dimensional cutout adhered to the page with foam dots. I accented that with a small felt butterfly sticker right above the letter C.

I did add a K & C palm tree cutout to just add some interest because this is a coastal area and I wanted something tropical looking on the page.  I ran a 1/4" by 12" piece of tie-dye green fiber along the top and bottom of the photo strip using glue dots. To finish up everything, I used some clear gel adhesive words on the layout in various places.

Overall, I like the layout. I didn't want it to be too cluttered as I wanted the focus to me on the turtles and the tour that we took. The coordinating page to this one has my journaling and other embellishments on it along with how the Wetlands Institute is involved in turtle conservation. You can find that layout and story right here on my blog in the scrapbooking section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)