Thursday, October 9, 2014

PA Farm Show - Easy Scrapbooking Layout Idea

Back in January of 2014 we took the family down to the Pennsylvania Farm Show in downtown Harrisburg. Every year the PA Farm Show comes to town in January and thousands of people show up to attend.

At the PA Farm Show you will find all kinds of animals (many the kids can pet), farm equipment, a rodeo competition, great PA made food and all kinds of other things.

I wanted to do a very easy scrapbook layout because I only had 4 photos. It is dark in the Farm Show so many of my pictures weren't good enough to scrapbook. I did have 4 decent ones and decided to use those all on one 12 x 12 page.

My background is a sheet of 12 x 12 ivory colored textured cardstock. I then cut a strip from pattern paper that measures 2" by 12" in size and ran that down my right side. I took another strip cut from coordinating printed paper and ran that along the top edge. That strip has a scallop edge and measures 1 1/4" by 12" in size.

I slightly cropped my 4 photos and arranged them onto a piece of light beige patterned paper. The pattern is barely visible as it is tone-on-tone color. I then trimmed around them and placed the entire block of matted photos onto a solid chocolate brown piece of cardstock. I placed it onto the background paper.

I used Alpha Letter Stickers to spell out FARM SHOW and placed them onto dark olive green cardstock blocks to frame them up. They are the title for my page. I then accented the page with three 3-dimensional sticker embellishments. (1) is a furry sheep and placed it at the beginning of the word SHOW. (1) is a furry butterfly which I placed at the top of the F in FARM and (1) is a furry/felt type of flower which I placed below the word FARM.

I ran out of space to do my journaling so I just did it on the backside of my layout. YES, it is perfectly fine to journal on the backside of your pages if you have a lot you want to say. Anyone who tells you not to...well, I disagree!

This farm show scrapbooking layout was really easy to do and it didn't cost me a lot of money or time. I am a frugal scrapbooker and I don't like to waste $5.00 to $10.00 doing just one page. Overall, I am pretty please with how it turned out.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Great page. Love the title with the sheep. Too cute.

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)