Monday, October 13, 2014

Turtle Conservation Scrapbooking Layout Idea

Click on Photo to Enlarge
My husband and I are both into wildlife conservation. Every year we donate time and money to various causes that interest us. A few months ago we visited the Wetlands Institute in Stone Harbor New Jersey and had a wonderful time. They are really big into turtle conservation and preserving the coastal habitat for various animal species that live there.

To remember our day, I wanted to do a scrapbook page solely on the turtle conservation aspect. This scrapbooking layout is done in the traditional 12 x 12 size.

My background is a sheet of printed scrapbooking paper. It is done in a blue, green and pale green muted chalkboard print. I cropped all 4 of my photos down. I matted three of them into a column onto sage green cardstock and then onto chocolate brown cardstock. I placed these 3 photos in order: mom turtle laying eggs, the second photo shows the cage they put over the eggs to keep predators from digging them up and the third photo shows hatched turtle eggs. I placed this column on the right side of my page.
Click on Photo to Enlarge
I used my Cricut to cut the letters WETLANDS from chocolate brown cardstock. That is the title of my page. I matted my 4th photo to match the others and placed it underneath the title. I accented that photo with a 3-dimensional embellishment of a green leafy vine.

I made a pocket out of printed scrapbooking paper and a journaling tag. I did the journaling on the tag in my own handwriting talking about our day at the Wetlands Institute and turtle conservation. I accented the tag pocket with a 3-dimensional turtle embellishment. I took a slide mount and covered it with textured sage green paper and inked the edges in chocolate brown ink. I then placed alpha letters underneath it to spell out "EGGS". I used mini glue dots to attach ribbon onto my slide mount to add texture and dimension.

I used alpha letters to spell out "No Race" and "Slow and Steady" which I stuck directly onto the page. To finish up, I added 2 small butterfly chipboard embellishments to the page (one is on the slide mount frame and the other one is on the letter A in Wetlands). I also added 2 green clover chipboard embellishments onto the right side of my photo column.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)