Friday, August 22, 2014

Summer Fun Scrapbook Layout Idea

I love to spend time with my grand daughter during the Summer and often times our time is spent outdoors. I wanted to scrapbook a few of the photos I have been taking of her the past few months and finally sat down last week and whipped up a quick layout.

The title of this scrapbook layout is "Good Times" which is a chipboard 3-dimensional sticker that I placed at the bottom of the page. My background is a piece of dark blue textured cardstock and I used a piece of scrapbooking paper in a pink & blue plaid print as an accent. It is smaller in size than than the cardstock and I inked around all 4 edges with dark blue ink.

I had 5 photos that I wanted to use. I did a puzzle cut on two of them (diagonal edge on one side) and pieced those two photos together on a large white mat (white cardstock). The third photo was simply cropped down and placed in the right corner of the same white mat. In the left corner is a large hot pink silk flower with a rhinestone center. I then matted the white photo mat with light pink and dark blue cardstock leaving an 1/8" edge around each mat.

I cropped down the 2 remaining photos into 2" square shapes and placed floral print cardstock frames around each one. I used foam dots to adhere them to the page. Between the two smaller framed photos is a tag with some journaling.  The top corner of the smaller left photo has a chipboard butterfly sticker added to it.

To finish off the page I used some half pearls along the right side. I placed 3 hot pink half pearls in the center and then used light pink half pearls from the center out to the edges in graduating sizes. They add just a little bit more pizzazz to the page. 

Overall, I am really pleased with how this summer fun scrapbook layout turned out. I am trying to use up a ton of supplies left over from other projects before buying more and I accomplished that with this under 1 hour layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)