Saturday, August 16, 2014

Stars on Ice - Ice Skating Show - Scrapbook Layout Idea

Back in December of 2013 my husband and I headed up to State College in Pennsylvania to watch a Stars on Ice, Ice Skating Show. We had a fabulous time and to remember our fun date...I snapped a few photos that I just had to scrapbook.

I had never scrapbooked anything remotely related to ice skating so I wasn't sure what kind of scrapbook layout to make. I finally decided to just keep it simple and to do the layout in a color scheme that matched my photos. Hence, I went with light purple, dark purple and bright blue.

My background is a sheet of light purple textured cardstock. I cropped down 3 photos into smaller sized rectangles and matted them onto bright blue cardstock using a photo strip format, matted again onto dark purple cardstock. I ran this strip down the right side of my page.

I had a cardstock fry box which I covered in scrapbooking paper to make a photo & tag pocket. I matted another photo from the ice skating show onto the front of the tag. On the back side of the tag I did my journaling. I punched a hole at the top of the tag and added two pieces of fiber for accent. I then slipped into into my pocket (the fry box) and mounted it onto my page.
Two more photos were left and I cropped both down...one into a small rectangle shape and one into a circle. I matted both onto bright blue and dark purple cardstock. You can see where I placed them on the layout by viewing the photos. (I did use adhesive foam dots on the round one to add some extra dimensional interest).

The title of my page is "Stars on Ice" which I spelled out using self-adhesive alphabet stickers in a dark navy blue color. I decorated the fry box/pocket with some flower shaped rhinestones in my color scheme and attached them with tiny foam dots. I added 4 additional ones underneath the photo strip. Between the pocket and the photo strip I used 4 epoxy stickers to label the year of 2013.

To finish up the layout I had some tie-dye eyelash fibers in my color scheme that I wanted to use up. I cut four pieces measuring 11 3/4" each and ran them around the outside edges of my layout. I used dark blue staples in each corner to help fasten them down and tiny glue dots in the center to keep them extra secured.

Overall, I am pretty pleased with this layout. I didn't have any ice skating theme'd embellishments on-hand so I just kept it pretty clean & simple. I was able to squeeze on all of the photos that I had taken plus, it only took me an hour to make and I kept my costs down. Yay! Super fun scrapbook layout! Next week I will be sharing some vacation layouts next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)