Friday, April 18, 2014

Visit to the Pumpkin Patch - Scrapbook Layout Idea

Last weekend I finally had some time to tackle some scrapbooking projects. First up was making a scrapbook page that features my little grand daughter at the local Pumpkin Patch when we took her there back in October to pick some pumpkins.

I did this layout in the traditional 12x12 size and wanted a quick, easy and very uncluttered looking page. I think I accomplished all three of those requirements!

The background is a 12x12 sheet of textured & weathered orange cardstock with a slight yellow weathered pattern on it. I made my own border strip from patterned paper that measures 1" by 12" in size and matted that onto cocoa brown cardstock. Down the center of my border strip I used a rub-on strip that features acorns, acorn leaves and maple leafs. I love using rub-ons when I can find them at a great deal and that particular one only cost me .10 cents...a bargain!
I slightly cropped down my 3 photos but wanted them to be large since they are really nice photographs from our day at the Pumpkin Patch. I matted them onto a solid yellow piece of cardstock, left a 3/16" border and then matted the entire thing onto cocoa brown cardstock, trimmed and left an 1/8" border mat around that.

I placed the entire photo mat in the center of the layout as you can see in my photograph above. I cut a maple leave shape out of some scrapbooking paper that measures about 3 1/2" by 4 1/2" in size. I inked around the edge of the leaf using black ink, left it dry. I then did my journaling onto the leaf in my own handwriting.

I still felt that the layout needed a little bit more so I added a olive green with brown accents artificial daisy to the bottom of the maple leaf. I wanted all of my photos, journaling and accents to stay compact and in the center of the layout...which worked out pretty nicely.

A quick, easy, inexpensive and cute layout that won't take you a lot of time or money! Just the way I like my scrapbooking to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)