Friday, April 11, 2014

Fun at the Beach Scrapbook Layout Idea

If you have a lot of photos that you want to fit onto one 12" x 12" scrapbook page and don't want to spend all day coming up with your own idea, this simple scrapbooking layout is for you! This entire design took me about one hour to complete and it features seven photos that were taken while were on vacation down at the beach last Summer.

To keep it simple, I used a piece of 12" by 12" turquoise cardstock for my background. I ran a 1/2" by 12" long border sticker across the top. I cropped down all seven of my photos to fit into a block and grid style pattern. As I cropped my photos, I placed them onto my measuring mat so that I could get the exact measurements that I needed. You can totally vary the size of your photos and the block/grid pattern to suit your own needs.
I matted them all onto a piece of white cardstock and left an 1/8" edge around the block and between each of the photographs. All of the photos have a little "white" in them and matting them onto the white cardstock made that pop. Plus, it looks nice against the bright turquoise background.

I used a Jolee's embellishment for my title "The Shore" which I just love (didn't love the $4.50 price tag though). I accented the top right corner with a cluster of chipboard 3-dimensional embellishments (two different seashells and three words "Surf" "and" "Sand" which adds dimension to the layout and fills up that space nicely.
Since the layout is "busy" with seven photographs, I did all of my journaling on the back side of the page. YES, you can journal on the back!!! In my own handwriting I wrote about the day we spent at the Jersey Shore walking the beach and hanging out on the Wildwood boardwalk.

Quick, Easy and you can make it inexpensive if you make your own title block. Trust me, I won't be paying $4.50 again for just a title! Dumb me! Hope you like my easy beach scrapbook layout idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)