Friday, April 4, 2014

Mini Golf at the Beach Scrapbook Layout Idea

We are a big miniature golf family and have played at over 100 mini golf courses across 9 states. Every time we go to a new place, I take a lot of photos so we can document it in our mini golf scrapbook that I have been keeping for the past 12 years.

This layout is done in the 12" by 12" size and features four photos of my family playing miniature golf at the beach (Cape May, New Jersey). Since it was at the beach, I decided to stick with a "beach theme" and summer colors for my color scheme.

Background is a sheet of cardstock done in a bright peach color. I inked around the edges using turquoise colored ink. I then cut a strip from bright yellow paper that measures 4" by 12" in size, inked around the edges and ran that down the right side of the page. I then took a piece of printed stripe paper and cut that down to 7" by 12" in size and ran it horizontal across my background, edges inked.
I cropped down three photos into a square shape and matted them onto a strip of lime green cardstock, leaving a 1/8" edge. I then matted it again onto a piece of turquoise colored cardstock, leaving 3/16" of an edge. You can look at the photo for placement of my photo strip. To the right of that strip are some cardstock embellishments to add interest.

The title for the page is "Perfect Day" which is a cardstock cutout that was inked around the edge and then I used two tiny eyelets for accent. The forth photo was slightly cropped down and matted the same way as the photo strip. Underneath that are three round cardstock cutouts (lime green sand dollar, tangerine palm leaf and a light blue tropical flower) and I accented those with bright turquoise fiber to turn them into embellishment tags.

To finish up the layout I added a large chipboard star fish and added an orange jewel to the center. At the very bottom of the layout is a sparkly chipboard sea shell layered sticker and two lime green word stickers to add accent. I did the journaling in my own handwriting on the border areas to the right.

Overall, it came out pretty good. I wanted a summer color scheme and beach accents since we played mini golf at the beach...but I didn't want the layout to look too beachy and I didn't want it to look like a big green golf course. I think I accomplished what I wanted this layout to convey. I hope you enjoy this beach mini golf scrapbook layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)