Thursday, February 27, 2014

Cape May Beach Scrapbook Layout Idea

Back in September the entire family took a trip down to Cape May beach in New Jersey. When I say the entire family, it was me, hubby, my mother, my daughter, her fiance and our little grand daughter. We spent an entire week roaming around Cape May and Wildwood doing a lot of fun and interesting things.

On one particular day we took a walk through the Cape May Meadows Conservancy (free wildlife park) and it was absolutely beautiful! On the day we went no one else was there so we hiked the trails and really took our time. I took several photos and did a one-page layout featuring them.

This layout is done with traditional paper (I hate digital scrapbooking) and is done in the 12 x 12" size.

The background is a solid sheet of olive green textured cardstock. I then cropped down a sheet of scrapbooking paper that had palm trees imprinted all over it in muted greens. It measures 11 x 11" in size. I had three photos and cropped them down. I arranged them on solid white cardstock in a block pattern. I accented the empty white spaces with chipboard beach embellishments (one is a seashell, two are round beach saying pebbles). I applied foam dots onto the back of the sea gull and applied him onto the layout. It gave him dimension like he was flying through the sky.
I then matted my entire block onto light blue cardstock with a 1/8" border and then again onto solid olive green cardstock with a 3/16" border. I placed my photo and embellishment block on the bottom of my background page.

My title is CAPE MAY which is spelled out in faux suede brown alphabet letters. I love those letters and need to purchase more. I used a small round journaling tag up near the title which is accented with a small piece of brown ribbon. I accented the tag with a chipboard seashell and then finished up by applying two more word stickers in the title area (PARADISE and TRAVEL).

I really like how this beach theme scrapbook layout turned out. It takes up the entire page but doesn't have too much clutter. I really enjoy easy and uncluttered scrapbook layouts. Just my personal taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)