Thursday, February 20, 2014

Scrapbooking - Amusement Park Fun Scrapbook Layout Idea

Back in early September of last year we took our little grand daughter on vacation with us down to the Jersey Shore, Wildwood to be exact. She loves going to the beach and staying at Nanny's beach house and we love having her with us!

While on vacation we took her one evening down to Morey's Pier and left her get onto some of the fun amusement rides for kids. She had a blast riding them with my husband and her mother (my daughter). She rode on the rides for hours & wasn't afraid of any of them!

This scrapbook layout was done in the 12x12" size using traditional scrapbooking methods. I started with a piece of lime green textured cardstock for my background and inked royal blue around all four edges. I then took a piece of blue printed scrapbook paper and trimmed a 1/2" off all four sides. I stapled the blue printed paper onto the lime green cardstock using yellow staples in each corner and the middle of each side to hold it into place.

My scrap box is over flowing with papers and embellishments left over from other projects so I decided to use mostly my scraps for this page. I cropped down all three of my photos, matted them onto blue paper, trimmed and then matted them again onto red paper, trimmed and left just an 1/8" edge. I ran that down the right side of the page using glue dots.
I had some blue and white alpha letter stickers to use up, so I placed them onto solid orange squares, then onto white & orange printer paper and trimmed each of them out. I glued them onto dark red boxes to spell out my words and use royal blue ink around all edges. I then matted the red blocks onto royal blue cardstock. I spelled out my title to say "Away We Go!" because grand daughter kept saying that as each ride started!

My embellishments are simple and also came from my scrap box. I used a metal ticket stub embellishment with a blue brad star (a brad buddies) and tacked that onto my page. I then made 2 embellishment blocks from orange, white & orange printed paper and solid dark red paper, layered all 3 of them together and glued them to the bottom left corner of the page.

One of the embellishment blocks features a chipboard cutout of a flower with glitter accents and the other one holds a life preserver travel journaling cutout which I did in my own handwriting. I use a cutout of the words that says "Our Vacation" and inked around the edges of that. I used foam dots to adhere it to the page. I finished up by adding the words "Bon Voyage" to the bottom of the last photo where she was driving a boat. Cute!

This layout took me an hour to do because I spent a lot of time making my alpha blocks using those alpha stickers and then blocking them all to be my title block. Very time consuming but a great way to use up those alpha stickers and small scraps of paper you have laying aorund.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)