Friday, March 7, 2014

Summer Vacation - Amusement Park Rides Scrapbook Layout Idea

I love to sit down and scrapbook but I just don't have the time to do it like I used to. Hence, the decrease in posts here on my craft and scrapbooking blog. With that said, I did get a few hours last weekend and worked on a scrapbook layout featuring two photos that I took of my husband and grand daughter riding one of the arcade rides at a beach amusement park that we had visited while on vacation.

If you have been reading my blog, I like to scrapbook quick, easy and inexpensive pages that don't have a lot of "clutter" on them. I like clean layouts that let the photographs speak for themselves. I am also a traditional scrapbooker and scrapbook with paper, I don't care for digital crafting at all.

A very large box has been sitting in my craft room loaded with a bunch of scraps and leftover embellishments from other scrapbook layouts. I decided that it is time to start using up those items and this fun amusement park (arcade ride) layout is what I came up with.

I used a textured piece of yellow cardstock for my background. I then made two border strips (one in medium pink and one in a light blue print and ran those down my left side of the page. I trimmed the strips up with some tiny diameter rick-rack that I had using a liquid glue pen.
I slightly cropped down my two photographs and then matted them onto orange, light blue and medium pink scrapbook papers. I made three rectangular shape blocks from light blue paper and then trimmed all of their edges with more red rick-rack for a cohesive look. I used three brad buddies to accent those blogs. In the top block is a brad buddy with the word "GIGGLE", in the middle block is a yellow "Amusement Park" ticket and in the bottom block is the word "Whee!". They go completely with my color scheme and I love them!

Finishing up I used some glitter self-adhesive phrase stickers with the "Summer Vacation" placed at the top of the page and the "Away We Go" placed at the bottom of the page. My camera didn't pick up that they were sparkly glitter stickers at all. I did some journaling in my own handwriting on the medium pink colored border strip. Often times we get too reliant on computers and families in the future really want to see our handwriting and penmanship!

Overall, I think it came out pretty good! I rarely work in this color scheme and they were the perfect three colors for a fun summer scrapbook layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)