Saturday, December 21, 2013

Handpainted Glass Snowman Snowball Ornaments

A friend of mine knows I love decorating for the holidays in a snowman theme and every year one of my small Christmas trees is decorated in a snowman theme. For that particular theme tree, I hang all of my various snowmen ornaments onto it.

Last week she brought over these 2" diameter glass ball ornaments that she had made for me in the cutest snowman design. I am NOT a decorative painter but the design is simple enough I think I could make some of these too!

She purchased 2" diameter white glass Christmas ornament balls and then painted them by hand. She simply painted on a red hat, black eyes, black coal mouth and an orange carrot nose. She used some of that white textured snow paint to paint the faux fur trim around the snowman's hat.

After they dried, she sprayed each ornament with a thin coating of clear acrylic spray sealer to seal in the paint which helps it to resist fading, cracking and chipping. She then left them dry a second time for a full 24 hours before bringing them over to me.

I think they are the cutest little things and now I got an entire dozen of them hanging on my snowman theme Christmas tree! A cute, simple & quick Christmas tree ornament project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)