Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Color-Glide Pro Brushless Painting System - Review

Have you ever wanted a quick and easy change?  Are you bored with that dull color in your living room and you just want to give it a cozier feel? Many can relate to this. Color-Glide Pro is a great solution to this problem with its ability to quickly and easily touch up small and large paint jobs. Color-Glide Pro is a lightweight brushless paint applicator with a felt tip and it is great for DIY paint jobs. Just pump, squeeze and paint. The Color-Glide Pro is a simple piece to have that can be utilized in many ways including kid’s arts and crafts projects.

Coming in two sizes (medium and large) Color-Glide Pro is a reusable tube that is ideal for projects because any unused paint can be stored in the bottle until it is needed again and will not dry out! Each bottle is purposely clear so users can see how much paint is left and easily identify the color. Check boxes are printed on the tubes so you know when and where the paint was used. To use: twist the felt tip off, place the included pump inside the can or bottle of paint and fill tube, then screw the top in and viola.

I was sent a sample kit of the Color-Glide Pro to try out for all of you. The kit came with everything I needed except for my paint. Ten months ago we moved into our new home and during the move-in process our newly painted walls and trim got a beating. Since move-in, I have been too lazy to lug up the heavy paint cans from our basement and do the necessary touch-ups. Well, I decided to get busy doing that and used the Color-Glide Pro to get the job done.
I filled one of them with white paint that we had use to do our baseboards and window sills. Filling the squeeze tube was super easy and only took seconds to do. As you can see from the photo above...my one one baseboard got nicked up pretty badly when we moved in. Let's just say...our mover's didn't do a good job and made a mess of things.

To apply the paint you just squeeze the tube gently and the paint flows up to the felt tip applicator. It reminds me of a foam sponge. You then dab or stroke the paint onto your surface. A little squeeze goes a long way so make sure you do it gently. I was really surprised at how easy it was to do and it got into all of the nooks & crannies. Equally impressive is that I had no drips or runs in the wet paint which was super cool.

Since I am also a crafter, I decided to use that same tube of paint to make a new Halloween decoration. I used the Color-Glide Pro to paint the little clay pot and to paint the wooden ball that I needed for the ghost. You can grab the craft project instructions ----> HERE.

It did a great job at applying the paint to my clay pot and to the wooden ball. I was really impressed that there were no brushstrokes, drips or runs which is really important when using paint. Furthermore, I did not need to apply a second coat of paint which saved me a lot of time!

I have a few more areas in my home that need some touch-up work in regards to painting and I am going to work on those areas over the coming weeks. I am really impressed with how easy this system is to use. I am going to keep my Color-Glide Pro bottles full of different colored paints so that when the need arises...I will be ready and I won't have to lug up heavy paint cans from our basement. Fabulous product!

You can learn more about the Color-Glide Pro Brushless Painting System by visiting their web site. The ColorGlide Pro is sold for $5.99-$7.99 and is well-worth every dime!!!

Disclaimer: Shelly Hill has personally reviewed the product listed above. Shelly has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Shelly did receive a free product to try out so she could evaluate and use it for her review. Her thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your opinions may differ. The Passionate About Crafting Blog is not responsible for delivery/shipping of giveaway items won from this blog nor are we responsible for mis-use or injury caused by items won from this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)