Thursday, January 17, 2013

Scrapbooking - Vacation Hotel Scrapbook Layout Idea


Every time we go away for vacation, I always like to take a few pictures of the inside & outside of our hotel room, bed & breakfast inn, condo, whatever...so that in future years we can remember where we stayed. I have also found that it's helpful when friends and family members ask us for recommendations on where to stay when they go to visit the same areas that we did.

When I do these kinds of layouts, I don't go overboard with the embellishments. I keep things simple and pretty clean. The following layout was done in the 12x12 scrapbook size and the photos were arranged in a grid.

The background is made up of 3 different sheets of paper: full sheet of light blue textured cardstock, 8" by 12" sheet of medium blue textured cardstock and a small torn sheet (with uneven edges) sheet of printed blue "ocean words" themed scrapbooking paper. I layered them all together using a glue stick.

The photos were done in a grid style and matted onto white cardstock and then I trimmed the grid into a rectangular shape leaving a 3/16" border. I then inked around all 4 edges with medium blue ink. Each of the 4 photos are a different size width wise but the same size height wise. I then matted the white photo block onto medium blue cardstock, inked around the edges again. I decided to do some pen work and added handstitched lines around all 4 edges using a blue glitter pen. I think it added some interest to it. To the left of the bottom photo I placed a chipboard sea shell using glue dots.

I made my own title block using chipboard letters "BEACH" and placed them onto white cardstock. I used a 3-dimensional sticker of tropical fish right underneath it and then inked around all 4 edges. I then matted my title block onto medium blue textured cardstock.

I made my own journaling block from light blue, white and medium blue scrapbooking papers. I inked around all edges. I did the journaling in my own handwriting and accented the journaling block with a 3-dimensional chipboard piece of a cute star fish.  I then did some more pen work around all outer edges of my layout using the blue glitter pen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)