Thursday, January 10, 2013

Scrapbooking - 6 Photo Miniature Golf Layout Idea


If you have been reading my craft blog for any length of time, you will have read that I don't like busy & overly-cluttered scrapbooking layouts. With that said, I know that other scrapbookers do, it's just not my taste. In addition, I do like to put some money in my scrapbooking pages/layouts, but I don't like spending $10+ for one 12x12 scrapbook page. Nope, I am more of your frugal crafter.

A few months ago my hubby and I went on vacation down to the Jersey Shore and played miniature golf at one of our favorite mini golf places called Jurassic Adventure Golf. During this fun afternoon, I took 6 photos of us playing a round of golf. I decided to put all 6 of the photos onto one 12x12 page and did them in the classic grid pattern.To get them all to fit, I did have to crop all six of them down, but they are of varying sizes.

Once I had them cropped, I matted them onto red scrapbooking paper and then matted them again onto black cardstock. I left a 3/16" border around the red mat and an 1/8" border around the black mat. I then placed the entire photo grid onto a sheet of 12x12 sage green scrapbooking paper.

I had some left-over red rick-rack from another project and decided to use up that rick-rack trim on this layout. I ran the rick-rack around the outer edges of the photo grid and attached it with a liquid glue pen. I had a little more rick-rack left and decided to make a fun triangle pattern along the left side of my layout and then did my journaling inside of the triangles in my own handwriting which was fun & frugal!

I had saved our miniature golf score card and decide to cut it up and use it on the layout. I used the "Jurassic Adventure Golf" words for the title block (matted on red cardstock and inked around the edges in black) and attached it to the page using foam dots. I then cut the dinosaur out of the score card and attached that to the page using foam dots. To finish up the layout, I cut the words North Wildwood, NJ out of the score card and matted it onto red cardstock and then added it to the layout using foam dots.

A very frugal page that didn't cost me a boat load of money to make. It did take me about 40 minutes to do and most of that time was spent on cropping and matting the photos. Overall, I am pretty pleased with how the layout turned out. You can click on the photos in this blog post to enlarge them to see the details. Happy Scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)