Monday, December 10, 2012

Scrapbooking | Happy Christmas Santa Claus Scrapbook Layout Idea

A few weeks ago I finally got around to scrapbooking some of my Christmas photos from 2011 and today I am sharing with all of you one of the layouts that I made. This scrapbook layout was done in the 12x12 format and features photos of my grand-wee-one, adult daughter and myself on Christmas day.

I made my own background which I really love! I took a piece of printed scrapbooking paper in a pine tree print and cut a big triangle measuring 12" wide (widest point) by 5" high. I cut another triangle measuring 12" by 5" in half. I flipped the "half" pieces and glued them in my corners at the top. I took the full triangle and glued it at the bottom so that you see a chevron shape of the green cardstock underneath.

I had 4 photos I wanted to use so I cropped them down and matted them onto light olive green and medium olive green cardstock. (double matted with an 1/8" edge). I used glue dots to attach them to my layout as shown in the photo above.

I used my Cricut to cut out the words Happy Christmas from red cardstock and then used the shadow effect and cut the words out again from medium olive green cardstock. I ran them thru my Xyron and then attached them at the bottom of my layout. I had 2 clear adhesive stickers that said St. Nick and Santa Clause and matted them onto medium olive green cardstock and trimmed them so that only an 1/8" border remained. I used foam adhesive dots to place them onto my layout as shown in the photo.

The center square on my layout is a foil embellishment of a snowman decked out like Santa Claus that I matted and used adhesive foam dots to place in the center of my layout.

I am really pleased how this layout turned out. I love that pine tree printed paper and I love the triangular and chevron shapes I created on my background page (olive green cardstock) as it really enhanced the tree (triangle) shape. The layout took me about 40 minutes to make and it was under $1.75 in supplies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)