Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Scrapbooking | Season's Greetings Holiday Scrapbook Layout Idea

A few months ago I finally got around to scrapbooking my Christmas 2011 Holiday photos and the above layout is one that I made. I decided to work in a light blue, medium blue, white & silver color scheme because my little grand daughter was wearing a blue "princess" dress on Christmas morning. The layout was done in the 12x12 format size and I had a really hard time finding "blue" colored holiday embellishments so I had to make my own.

My background is a white sheet of 12x12 cardstock. Layered on top is a piece of light blue and medium blue cardstock that has a texture and light glitter on it. I cropped them down to the size I wanted and then used my Martha Stewart border punch along their long edges to make them more fancy. I layered them together and stuck them onto my white background.

I had 2 photos which I slightly cropped down and I framed each photo with a light blue frame and then matted them onto white cardstock which I hand cut as I wanted a wavy border around them. (see photo for placement). I cut a white 4" diameter paper doily in half and glued it under the top of the photo on the right and did my journaling on the doily. I used my Cricut to cut out my title which simply says "Season's Greetings" and used my glue pen to place it at the top of my page.

Under the photo on the left is a block that says "Silent Night, Holy Night" which I accented with a silver embroidered snowflake with a rhinestone in it's center. I then took a blue cardstock 3-D embellishment and stuck that on the left side of that title block. From a piece of dark navy blue felt I cut a small rectangular shape to represent a gift box. I tied some jute around it for the bow.

I wanted to add some "bling" to the page so I used some broken jewelry pieces (vintage ones) set into a silver metal. I just cut the backings off of them so they would lay flat. I placed a rhinestone earring front onto the cuff of the stocking, a rhinestone earring front onto the top of the gift box and then I removed the pin backings from 2 large brooches and used one on each of my photos as accents.

Trust me...this page looks beautiful in person and my photo didn't capture the glitz & glam of the jewelry pieces on the page. I love this simple, clean but pretty scrapbook layout!