Saturday, December 15, 2012

Scrapbooking - Beach Vacation 12x12 Scrapbook Layout Idea


Back in September of 2012, my husband and I took a week long vacation down to the Jersey Shore. Once we returned, I had 112 photos from our trip to scrapbook and this 12x12 layout is one that I recently completed. It features 3 photos from our trip and a beach walk that we went on one afternoon in September.

My background is a sheet of blue textured cardstock. I did not crop my vertical photo or the large horizontal photo but I did crop the smaller horizontal photo so that it fit within my grid pattern. All photos were matted onto one solid white sheet of smooth cardstock and then I cropped the sheet leaving a 3/16" border around the entire thing. I used some medium blue ink around the white cardstock edges. I then matted it onto dark blue cardstock and left a 3/16" border. I then matted the entire photo block onto light blue swirl printed scrapbooking paper and inked around the edge again.

I placed the entire photo block onto my background using double-sided tape. I did my journaliing in my own handwriting across the bottom of the layout. I used 3-D embellishments all throughout the layout, including the title block which simply says "VACATION". I believe most of the embellishments I used are from K & Co. and most are chipboard.

This scrapbook layout is a little busier than the ones I normally do...but I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. I was able to make this layout in about 45 minutes of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)