Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Scrapbooking - 6 Photo Miniature Golf Scrapbook Layout Idea


If you have been reading my craft blog for awhile now, You will have already guessed that I love to scrapbook. With that said, I don't scrap expensive and elaborate layouts. I am the type of scrapbooker who loves simple and clean scrapbook layouts, with very little clutter.

I stepped out of my usual box today and did a scrapbook layout in the 12x12 format and included 6 photos in it. For me, that is a lot of photos on one page! The layout features 6 photos that I took of my husband and I playing a round of miniature golf at the Jersey Shore back in September.

My background is a piece of "weathered" green cardstock. I cropped 2 of my photos into vertical rectangles and 2 of my photos into square shapes and one photo into a horizontal rectangle to fit into a grid pattern. Once I had these 5 photos cropped down to the perfect sizes, I matted them onto a piece of light beige cardstock, leaving an 1/8" border. I then matted them again onto medium olive green cardstock, leaving an 1/8" border. I then used a liquid glue pen to attach the entire strip of photos to my background paper. (see photo for placement)

For my 6th photo, I just cut around the outline of my body and it's a photo of me putting the golf ball. I had a 3-D embellishment of a mini golf putting hole and grouped the 2 together to make a little scene. (top right corner of the layout). I added a vellum sticker that says "Summertime" to the scene to add interest.

My journaling block is a piece of beige colored cardstock which I inked around the edges with green ink. I then matted it onto the medium green cardstock and placed it onto my page. I accented my journaling block with a lighthouse embellishment, a golf club and a golf ball. I used a vellum sticker "Summer Days" at the top of my journaling block and did my journaling in my own handwriting.

I decided that I wanted to add some more journaling so I just did that in my own handwriting along the bottom edge of the layout. I know computers are popular for doing journaling but I still prefer to see the person's own handwriting and I know other people still prefer to see it too.

Overall, I am really pleased with how this miniature golf scrapbook layout came out. The positioning of all 6 photos worked out well for me and my layout doesn't look overly busy or cluttered! Yeah!!!

Note: You can click on the photo in this blog post to enlarge it to see the details better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)