Sunday, November 25, 2012

Scrapbooking - A Perfect Day Beachcombing Scrapbook Layout


In June of 2012 the hubby and I headed down to Wildwood New Jersey for vacation. We go down to the condo a few times every year and this year was no exception. One of our favorite activities to do on the beach is collect seashells, beachcombing!

This scrapbooking layout was done in the 12x12 format size and on a pre-printed lime green sheet of scrapbook paper. It is very tropical looking with light blue, orange, yellow and medium lime green florals. The title of this scrapbook page is called "A Perfect Day" which is at the top center of the layout.

I used 3 photos on my layout which I cropped down, 2 are square shaped and 1 is rectangular. I then matted each one onto baby blue cardstock and orange cardstock, leaving a 3/16" edge on the blue and a 1/8" edge on the orange. I tilted the 2 square shaped photos on the layout and kept the rectangular one straight, but overlapping the bottom edges of the 2 square ones. I also inked around the orange cardstock mats with turquoise pigment ink.

I used a pre-printed title block "A Perfect Day" and attached that above the 2 square photos using 2 orange eyelets. I added 3 chipboard embellishments to the layout (the word "WAVES", a red sand dollar square and the orange sunglasses), see photo for placement.


I used word stickers and inked around their edges with turquoise pigment ink to add depth to the stickers. The "Beach Boy" sticker is underneath the photo of my hubby and the other 3 word stickers are under the chipboard sunglasses (Splish Splash, Relaxation, Vacation).

I used a coordinating journaling block to match my background paper and inked around the block's edges. I attached an orange sticker to the top and wrote the month & date on it. I did the journaling in my own handwriting using an orange glitter pen.

Way too often we all use way too much of computer printed journaling and I feel it is important to include handwritten journaling onto some of your scrapbook layouts. Future generations and friend will want to see how your original handwriting looked! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)