Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Scrapbooking - Tiger at the Zoo Scrapbook Layout Idea

Back in June we took a trip down to Cape May in New Jersey and one of the things we enjoy doing while down there is visiting the lovely Cape May County Zoo. When we go to their zoo, hubby loves to visit Rocky the Tiger and this time around, Rocky was up and running around his enclosure! He put on quite the show for us that day!

I did this layout in the 12x12 format. My background is a solid black sheet of cardstock. For contrast, I used a tiger print piece of furry felt that came in a 12x12 sheet which I trimmed down to measure 7" by 12". I used a liquid glue pen to attach it to the black cardstock. I found that glue dots, glue sticks and double-sided tape did NOT work well for this felt sheet. The liquid glue pen worked perfectly. I love the "felt" as it has a nice furry hand to it and really adds color and depth to my background.

I had 2 photos that I wanted to use so I slightly cropped them down and then matted them onto orange cardstock with an 1/8" border and matted them again onto black cardstock with a 3/16" border. I made my own title by using my Cricut to cut out the letters to spell ROCKY first from orange cardstock and then again from black cardstock. I inked around the edges of the orange letters with black ink and then used a black fine tip marker to draw my own black tiger stripes. I layered the layers together and used a liquid glue pen to attach them to the background sheet, running them vertically down the right side of the layout. I used the Cricut on the #2 size setting.

I accented the bottom photo with an orange floral made from chipboard and used a glue dot to attach it to the right side of the bottom photo. I made my own journaling block from orange cardstock & black cardstock and added a bow at the top of it using some orange fiber. I did the journaling in my own handwriting.

A quick and clean looking layout that doesn't cost a fortune to make. I am going to get some more felt sheets in prints and animal prints and use them again in some additional layouts I have planned. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)