Thursday, October 25, 2012

Scrapbooking | The Sandy Beaches in Wildwood Scrapbook Layout Idea

Hubby and I went to down to North Wildwood in New Jersey back in June for a one week vacation and had a fabulous time! It was the perfect vacation (just the two of us) with gorgeous summertime weather!

Hubby and I went over to the beach one morning and were just walking the beach & having some fun. It was chilly out at 7am so we thought it was weird that we were on the beach with jackets and knew that later that day we would be sweating in our bathing suits. Anyway, I wanted to scrapbook these 2 photos of us sitting on the sand dunes watching the beautiful sunrise!

My background is made up of 3 sheets of cardstock. The 12x12 piece (1st background) features a tonal print of swirls. The smaller square sheet (2nd background) is a piece of textured cardstock in a sand color and the third smallest square is a sheet of printed cardstock in a sand color with brown texture pattern. I trimmed the 2nd and 3rd sheets into squares by removing 1" from all sides and then layered them onto my background to add interest, depth and texture.
I used a medium dusty blue piece of textured cardstock for my border strips that go around all 4 edges of each background square. I have them at 1/4" width and used a fine tip glue pen to place them along the edges of each background sheet.

My 2 photos were trimmed down into square shapes and matted onto the medium dusty blue cardstock, see photo for placement. The 3-dimensional sea gulls, Vacation Bliss title sticker, 3-dimensional lighthouse and boat stickers are all from Jolees. The bottom vellum seashell border is from K & Co. I did the journaling in my own handwriting by using a medium blue glitter gel pen and wrote what I wanted to say around the inner border of layer #2.

Overall, I am pleased with how the layout came out. I am a "unstructured" and "uncluttered" scrapbooker...I like simple, clean but yet interesting layouts. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)