Friday, August 10, 2012

Starfish and Seashell Scrapbook Layout Idea

My husband and I took a one week vacation down to Wildwood New Jersey back in early June. Wildwood happens to be one of my favorite Atlantic Coast beaches, I absolutely love it there! I decided to scrapbook a page in the 12x12 format featuring photos of my husband collecting seashells, starfish and sand dollars for me. On that particular afternoon we found 3 sand dollars, numerous seashells, 1 starfish and 2 large conch shells. It was a great shell collecting day!

I made my own background by ripping 3 sheets of cardstock (one beige, one white and one pale blue) and layering them on top of a medium blue sheet of cardstock. I wanted it to resemble the beach, water and the blue sky without it being too busy looking.

All of the tags, embellishments, stickers and photo frames are from K & Co. that I purchased at my local scrapbooking store. The layout features only 2 photos of my husband on the beach while he was collecting seashells for me.
I did the journaling in my own handwriting on the K & Co. tag and then accented the right side of the tag holder with a 3-dimensional sea horse sticker. I also added 3 tiny white half-pearls to 3 of the starfish in the bottom border to "jazz" it up a bit.

I really like how the layout turned out. It's full, but not overly busy. If you have been following my craft blog for awhile now, you already know that I prefer uncluttered and un-busy layouts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)