Monday, August 20, 2012

Scrapbooking | Nature Walk Scrapbook Layout Idea

Back in early June my husband and I took a trip down to Cape May, New Jersey. While on our trip we visited "The Nature Conservency" which is located in Cape May Meadows. It's a beautiful FREE nature walk through a coastal marsh area in Cape May. You can see ducks, swans, geese, turtles, rabbits, etc. while you walk around the beautiful paths.

I wanted to remember this day so I did a 12x12 scrapbooking layout with 4 of the photos I took that day. I wanted the layout to be clean looking (not cluttered) and wanted it in neutral tones so I went with olive green, beige and chocolate brown for my color scheme.
My background is a white sheet of cardstock and then I layered a piece of olive green textured cardstock along the left side (it measures 4 1/2" by 12" in size). I used a block of green handmade textured paper in the upper right corner and a piece of textured brown/beige paper in the bottom right corner. I did use chocolate brown ink around all paper edges and I left an 1/8" edge of the white cardstock show through when adhering my blocks of paper on top. I like how that shows throw framing off the 3 different pieces of paper I used.

I used my Cricut to cut out my bottom border which featurs grass and cattails from the Paper Doll cartridge. I used the same cartridge to cut out a rustic looking sign post which I inked up and wrote a message to follow the path on it.

I slightly cropped down my 2 photos on the right and then matted them onto beige cardstock and then chocolate brown cardstock. The photo on the left was cropped down into a 3 1/2" square and matted to match the other 2 photos. I had some brown floral rub-ons and some brown butterfly rub-ons and just sprinkled them onto the layout in different places to add more interest.

I made my own title block from 3 sheets of cardstock (lime green, medium green and olive green) and place one small white eyelet in each corner. I used the same cattail cutout that I used along the bottom of the layout on the title block along with a brown butterfly rub-on. I then just wrote the name of the Nature place on it in my own handwriting as I felt that looked more rustic than if I had used my Cricut to cut out letters.

The final small photo is of a swan and it's in the slide frame. I don't like white slide frames so I covered the slide frame with olive green handmade paper and inked around the edges. I think it framed up the swan beautifully.

Overall, I am very pleased with my layout and did my journaling on the back as I had a lot to say about the afternoon we spent there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)