Thursday, July 5, 2012

Scrapbooking | Cape May Beach Vacation Scrapbook Layout

Back in early June my husband and I took a 1 week vacation down to the south Jersey Shore. We stayed in North Wildwood but spent one afternoon down in Cape May visiting some of their landmarks and tourist attractions. We saw the World War II Lookout Tower, the All Veterans Memorial and the Shipwreck of the Concrete Ship Atlantis. All of these attractions are located on Sunset Beach in Cape May.

I wanted to do a 12x12 scrapbook layout of 3 photos from our afternoon. I only cropped them slightly as I wanted to maintain everything that we saw in the photos. I then matted them onto solid white cardstock and left an 1/8" edge and then matted them onto medium blue cardstock and left a 1/4" edge. I then inked around the edges of the blue mat using a dark blue ink.
My background is made up of 2 sheets of paper. The bottom sheet is a pale blue with a white cross-hatch print (it's a very light print) and the accent strip of paper is a muted blue, pale green and white swirl print paper which I trimmed down to measure 5 1/2" by 12" in size. I inked around all 4 edges of the accent strip of paper and then glued it onto my background sheet (off centered). The colors and swirls on the accent strip reminded me of waves and the beach for some reason so that is why I selected that.

You can see in my photos where I placed my 3 photographs, 2 are horizontal and 1 is vertical. All of the accents and embellishments on this layout are from K & Company and are part of the Tim Coffey line. I love his seagull tag so I placed that near the top right. I didn't want my journaling to show through the window as I love the gull and the print on that tag so I did my journaling on the back of the tag. I used some of his chipboard letters to spell out CAPE MAY (top right). I accented 3 of my corners with small clam shell that have glitter applied to them and placed 3 sea shells between the 2 photos on the right. I wanted to incorporate sea shells into the layout as hubby and I collected some shells from Sunset Beach.

While we were on the beach there was a guy fishing and he showed us a fish he caught (hence the Tim Coffey fish under the left photo) which I put onto the page using foam dots to give it some dimension. In addition, we threw some bread out onto the beach for the sea gulls so it was important to have gulls on the page too so I placed a Tim Coffey Sea Gull chipboard embellishment on the bottom right photo.

I like clean and uncluttered layouts and I think I accomplished that with this particular layout. In addition, I didn't want to crop down my photos too much as I really like the scenery in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)