Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Scrapbooking Family Reunion Scrapbook Layout Idea

A few weeks ago my great auntie handed me a box full of old family photos and asked me to make her a scrapbook using the photos. I have finally started that project and today I am sharing the first layout that I made. This layout features photos from 2002 when my auntie hosted a family reunion. She only had 3 photos from the family reunion so I decided to use all 3 in the layout. This layout is done in the 12x12 format. You can click on the photo to enlarge it to see the details better.

My aunt's 2 favorite colors are blue and pink so I decided to do the layout in various blues, pinks and white. The background is a sheet of 12x12 printed cardstock done in light blue with an allover floral & vine print in white. It's really a subtle print. I used a piece of vellum for my title block that says "Family Reunion - Cousins, Sisters and Buds" printed on it and framed it up with navy blue and white cardstock. To add a little bling to it I added 2 pink stick-on rhinestones for the dots in the I's. I then accented the right side of the title block with a 3-dimensional flower from a K & Company embellishment pack. To the right of the title block is an oval tag that I made and I wrote the year 2002 on it and then affixed it to the page using 2 light blue brads.

I cropped 2 of the photos down into rectangular shapes and rounded the corners. I then matted them onto white and navy blue cardstock. For the third photo I cropped it down into a smaller rectangle shape and matted it to match the other two photos. To the left of the two photos on the left I used a pink cardstock bracket to add some pink color on that side of the page to balance out the color. In the bottom right corner I added 4 cardstock 3-dimenional flowers from a K & Company embellishment pack.

I did my journaling on 3 small tags which I attached to the right side of each photo with a light blue brad. I simply wrote the family members names onto the tags as I didn't know much about this family reunion since I wasn't in attendance. Thankfully, I knew who everyone was in the photos which was a good thing! So journaling on this layout was pretty limited.

As I work on layouts from my aunt's photo stash, I will share some more layouts here on my blog. I will be challenging myself to do some layouts using old black & white photos from the 40's through the late 60's so I need hit the scrap store for some supplies! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)