Monday, July 9, 2012

Baby's First Bath Scrapbook Layout Idea

My very first (and only) grandchild was born back on May 29th, 2009. She is the apple of our eyes and we just adore her! Little G got her very first bath at home on June 2nd, 2009 and I wanted to preserve that moment in time by scrapbooking a page about her first bath.

I did this page in the 12x12 format size. The background is a sheet of 12x12 scrapbooking paper in pale pink with 'baby girl' wording all over it in white. I then trimmed down a solid piece of pale pink cardstock to measure 8" square and attached it to the printed background with tiny white eyelets in each of the corners. I had one 4x6 photo that I wanted to use of Little G getting her first bath and framed it with a pretty floral printed sticker frame. I placed it onto the layout as shown in the photo above.

I had a slew of baby girl 3-d embellishments left-over from other projects and decided to use up a lot of those on this layout. The title of the layout is "Baby's 1st Bath" so I used chipboard embellishments to spell it out as shown in my photo above. I had a vellum quote that said "Rub a dub" and I framed that out with pale pink and medium pink cardstock. I then placed that at the bottom of the layout.
The rest of my 3-d embellishments on this layout include a glittered butterfly, a 2" by 2" piece of self-stick medium pink plastic mesh (under the bottom left corner of the photo), a round cardstock sticker that says Baby's First Bath with a sticker of a yellow rubber duckie), the word BABY cardstock sticker is under the photo and finally, I used 3 tiny pink satin ribbon bows on the layout. You can see the placement of all of these embellishments in the photo.

I decided to do all my journaling on the backside of the page (yes, you can journal on the back of your pages) because I really had a lot to say about the day I helped my daughter give little G her very first bath. Sigh...they grow up way too quickly!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)