Sunday, May 20, 2012

Scrapbooking | Happy First Birthday Grand Daughter Scrapbook Layout

I finally getting some time to do some scrapbooking again and today I am sharing a 12x12 layout that I did that features my grand daughter. The photos were taken at her First Birthday Party which was done in a lavendar, pink and white color scheme so I went with those 3 colors in my scrapbook layout. (NOTE: you can click on the photos in this post to enlarge them to see details).

My background is a sheet of 12x12 pink cardstock. I then used a piece of printed scrapbooking paper to make my border on the left side. (it's a paisley print done in pink, white and purples). The strip measures 2 1/2" by 12" and then I used my Fiskars edger to make a lacey pattern along each long edge. I then glued it to a strip of solid purple scrapbooking paper leaving 1/4" of the purple sticking out from under the printed paisley strip. (left hand side of my layout).

I had 3 photos to put onto this background so I cropped them down and rounded their corners. I then framed them up with solid pink and solid lavendar cardstock, leaving 3/16" border around each frame. (see photo for placement).

I had various leftover 3-D birthday theme'd embellishments and wanted to use those up on this scrapbook layout so I placed a Happy Birthday one at the top left of the layout to serve as a mini-title for the page. I had a ribbon embellished stitcker that says Happy Birthday Princess which I placed under the photo on the left. I used stickers to spell out 1st which is near the ribbon embellishment and just wrote underneath that with a pink marker Birthday.

I had a long word sticker that said "Lots of Love on your Birthday" that I framed up with lavendar scrapbooking paper and ran that along the bottom of the layout. I then added a YUMMY word embellishment underneath the top right photo, a cupcake embellishment on the corner of the bottom photo on the right and a tiny chipboard cupcake is on the Lots of Love on your Birthday sticker on the bottom.

The page that I am working on now to match this one will have a bigger title block and a journaling block so I will post that scrapbook layout next week. Enjoy!

<

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)