Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Scrapbooking | Bubble Blowing Girl 12x12 Scrapbook Layout Idea

Today's layout was done in the 12x12 format and features photos of my 2 1/2 year old grand daughter playing with my hubby (her grandpa) outside and blowing bubbles. The color scheme is pink, dark pink and mint green and the background is a sheet of 12x12 printed scrapbooking paper done in an all-over paisley print which I just love because it is so girlie!

I had 2 photos that I cropped down and matted onto dark pink cardstock and I left a 1/4" border around each one. I used a piece of pink scrapbooking paper to make a journaling pocket which measures about 2 3/4" by 4 1/4" in size. I glued a paisley cutout onto the front of the pocket and threaded some coordinating fiber through 2 holes that I punched at the top of the pocket and tied a bow.
I had a round coordinating flower punch out that I cut in half and glue half under the top of the pocket and most of it is sticking out the top of the pocket to add interest. The other half I glued under the top of the photo on the right side of the page. I placed foam adhesive dots under the dragonfly cut out and put that on the top corner of the photo on the left.

I then took a letter G (also says girl) on it piece of vellum and cut it down into a rectangular shape and matted it onto dark pink cardstock to frame it out. I then used 2 chipboard letters I and A to spell out my grand daughters knickname and placed that at the top right of my page using a glue pen. Underneath the bottom right photo is a small tag with their names written on it which I attached with a dark pink flower brad.

Overall, I really like the layout and it only took me about 45 minutes to make. Quick & Easy!

No comments: