Friday, May 25, 2012

Scrapbooking | Toddler Girl Fall Hayride Scrapbook Layout Idea

Back in Fall of 2010 we took our precious little grand daughter for her very first hayride at a local fruit orchard. The grand-wee-one was 1 1/2 years old and absolutely loved the hayride but her favorite part of this Halloween and Fall adventure was playing in the big bin of straw that they had built for all of the little kids to play in.

I had 4 photos that I wanted to use in my layout and instead of going with traditional fall colors I decided to use purples and lavendar because of the wee-one's fall jacket. I am happy with my decision to go pastel for this layout.

I did the layout in the 12x12 format and my background sheet is a piece of printed plaid scrapbooking paper. I cropped down 3 of my photos so that they were all the same size. From light lavendar colored cardstock I cut a strip that measures 4 3/4" wide by 12" in length and matted all 3 of my photos onto that strip. I then cut from medium colored lavendar cardstock 2 strips that each measure 3/4" by 12" in length and glued them down the long edges of the photo strip. I think it adds depth and interest. I attached the entire thing down the right side of my background.

I cut the 4th photo to the same size as the other 3 photos and matted it onto light lavendar and medium lavendar cardstock so that it matched the other three. I then attached it to my layout on the left side of the page. (see photo). On the right top corner of that photo I added a dark purple daisy fabric flower with a foam adhesive dot to add texture and interest. Underneath the photo is a 3-D embellishment frame that is framing out a piece of vellum that has the words "Our Little Angel" on it.

My husband came up with the title for the page and using a play on the word strawberry he came up with "Strawbaby" which I cut the letters out for my title using my Cricut from dark purple printed paper and I then used the shadow effect and cut the letter out again from medium purple cardstock and layered them together with my Xyron sticker macker machine.

I am the type of person who likes very clean and uncluttered layouts and this one is certainly that. I love that I didn't use any of the traditional fall colors and went with the purples which really frame out the photos nicely since she is wearing a purple striped jacket.


No comments: