Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Scrapbooking | Jurassic Mini Golf Scrapbook Layout Idea

A few months ago hubby and I took a vacation down to the Jersey Shore and while we were there we played miniature golf at a place called Jurassic Adventure Golf so I wanted to do a scrapbook layout that was in the brown tones with red & green accent colors but was worried about it coming off looking too Christmas like (with red & green) so I used them just sparingly in my layout. In addition, I wanted a pretty plain layout since the theme of the mini golf course was dinosaurs aka Jurrasic.

I did the layout in the 12x12 size and used a sheet of textured chocolate brown cardstock for my background. I then cropped down a piece of printed a piece of scrapbooking paper that had a neutral colored texture to it and off-centered it onto my cardstock using dark red eyelets to attach it in each corner.

I slightly cropped down 2 photos and matted them onto dark red cardstock and left an 1/8" border on my mats. I then placed them down the left side of my page using glue dots. I saved our mini golf score card and placed that on the right of the page. I wanted to add a touch of foliage to the page but didn't want flowers so I simply added a 10" long piece of green fern using glue dots on the right side of the page. I took a pic of one of the dinosaurs there and trimmed it out of the photo and placed foam dots on the back and put it at the bottom of the page. I then finished up the layout by using a 3-D embellishment by Soft Spoken and put that red embellishment on the right side of the top photo.

Overall...I am pleased with the layout and decided to do my journaling on the backside as I didn't want my layout to look to cluttery.

No comments: