Sunday, April 15, 2012

Scrapbooking | Jurassic Adventure Mini Golf Scrapbook Layout Idea

A few months ago my hubby and I took a vacation trip down to the Jersey Shore and we played a few rounds of mini golf at a place called Jurassic Adventure Mini Golf in Wildwood, N.J. I went to my local crafts store and couldn't find mini golf embellishments or stickers so I had to make my own. This layout is in the 12x12 format and features 4 large photos, a title block and a journaling block.

I slightly cropped each of the 4 photos down so that they were all the same size. I matted them on ocean blue colored cardstock. My background is a darker ocean blue color of textured cardstock. I placed all 4 photos onto the background as show in the photo above. I took a photo of the mini golf sign while we were there and enlarged it slightly and then printed it out. I then cropped it and matted it onto dark pink and ocean blue cardstock, leaving an 1/8" border with the dark pink and a 3/16" border with the ocean blue cardstock. I used foam dots to put the title block onto my layout.
I decided to make my own journaling block by simply drawing out an odd shaped oval on medium green cardstock. I then cut it out and inked around the edges with an olive green ink. I then framed it up with dark green cardstock and cut it out leaving about an 1/8" border. I then added a dark red eyelet to the left side of it to serve as my "putting hole". I took a cocktail drink umbrella and used that as my golf putting flag and attached that with glue dots. I used sticker letters to spell out "Par 2" which I placed at the top of the journaling block and then did my journaling in my own handwriting.

No comments: