Thursday, March 1, 2012

Scrapbooking | Special Guests at 50th Birthday Party Scrapbook Layout

A few weeks ago I posted the matching page to this scrapbook page so today I thought I would post this one. The photos were taken at my husband's 50th Birthday Party back in October 2011 and are of our 26 yr old daughter and our 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter at his special party. He kept referring to them as the "Special Guests" so I wanted to use that as my page title.

I used a piece of striped 12x12 scrapbooking paper for my background and from black cardstock I cut two strips each measuring 3/4" by 12" in size. I glued them to the top & bottom of the page. I then used burgundy stickers and spelled out "Special Guests" across the top and "Jenelle + Gia" across the bottom. I had 3 photos which I cropped down and matted onto black cardstock and left a 3/16" border around the frames except for the photo on the right which has a 1" border across the bottom. I took a scrap of pale yellow cardstock and cropped it down to fit underneath and did some journaling on it.

I purchased a pack of 3-dimensional Birthday embellishments (birthday hat, birthday cake and a party sign) and placed them onto the layout as shown in the photo above. Even though the photos were of girls I needed the colors & design to be "manly" looking so that it would coordinate with the other page which you can see ---> Hubby's 50th Birthday Party.

Overall, it came out nicely and was super quick & easy to make...not to mention...affordable!