Monday, March 5, 2012

Scrapbooking | Family Time at the Beach Scrapbook Layout Idea

Last weekend I had some time to sit down and do some scrapbooking...my hubby decided to challenge me and told me that I could ONLY use supplies from my scrap box (left-over supplies) as he was tired of me spending a lot of money on supplies but yet my scrap box keeps getting bigger. LOL geeesh...men just don't understand this hobby!

Anyway....I was up for the challenge. I did use one full sheet of 12x12 scrapbooking paper for my background design. I had 2 photos which I cropped down slightly and then matted them onto medium brown cardstock and onto a light blue print scrapbooking paper. I left an 1/8" edge with the brown mat and left a 3/16" edge with the printed paper mat. I decided to make my own journaling block out of scraps of paper and used light tan, medium brown and blue print paper. (the print paper matches the one I used as photo mats). Once I had it assembled I used my 1/8" hole punch and punched 2 holes at the top and then used some fiber to make a bow. I did my journaling in my own handwriting.

I had some left-over beach theme'd stickers from other projects and accented my layout with those (4 of them to be exact). I then used scraps of yellow cardstock and blue cardstock to cut out my letters to spell BEACH TIME using my Cricuit on the #1 size setting. I layered the blue letters on top of the yellow letters and glued them onto my page as the title.

I really need to get into that scrap box more often and start using up all of those scraps instead of just accumulating more. I think I will try his challenge again next weekend. Overall, the layout came out decently and only took me 30 minutes to make. It's a great frugal layout for those who like to scrapbook on the cheap!


No comments: