Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Scrapbooking | Hubby's 50th Birthday Party Free Scrapbook Layout Idea

Today's featured layout is done in the 12x12 format size and features photo's from my husband's 50th Birthday Party that we held at the Olive Garden back in October 2011. We had a fabulous time so if your local Olive Garden has a private room that you can reserve for parties, we highly recommend it!

I wanted the layout to be manly looking but wanted to use green, mustard and purple colors as my color scheme and I think I accomplished that with my choice of papers. My background is a sheet of striped scrapbook paper and I made my own top and bottom borders from purple and green colored paper scraps. (these are all muted colors, not brights). I had 4 photos I wanted to use so I cropped down 3 of them which I matted onto light green and muted purple cardstock, leaving 3/16" around each mat. I them placed them onto my background using glue dots. The 4th photo was a picture of my granddaughter and nephew playing there so I used tiny scissors and cut it out and trashed the background. I then used glue dots to put it onto the page in the bottom left corner. I had 2 balloon stickers and put one into each of their hands. I think it's cute!

The title of my page is "Celebrate" and that is placed onto the page above the top left photo. I then matted a small "Happy Birthday" and a small "Memories" stickers onto muted purple paper and used foam dots to place the Happy Birthday one to the right of the top left photo and the Memories one to the right of the top right photo. I had candle stickers which I laid end-to-end and ran them across the top to make my own border. I then hand wrote on each one wording that relates to the party.

This layout took me about 45-50 minutes to make and I think it came out well...especially because it only cost me about $1.30 to make and I love inexpensive layouts! Enjoy!

No comments: