Monday, January 9, 2012

Scrapbooking | "ZooTastic Fun" Zebra and Zoo 12x12 Scrapbook Layout Idea

Back in September 2011...My hubby and I visited the Cape May Zoo in Cape May, N.J. so I have been busy scrapbooking some of our Zoo photos for my scrapbook. Today's layout is done in the 12x12 format/size and done in all black and white! The layout features one photo of two Zebra feeding. Aren't they beautiful?

I took a piece of zebra print scrapbooking paper and trimmed it down to measure 5 1/2" by 12" in size and glued it across the center of my solid white cardstock background page. I had 2 self-adhesive zebra print boarder stickers and I ran one of those across the top and one across the bottom of the page. From black cardstock I cut two strips with each one measuring 1/4" by 12" in size and glued them along the top and bottom edges of the zebra print paper. I think that gives it a nice finished look.

I slightly cropped down my photo of the zebra to measure 3 3/4" by 5 1/2" in size and matted that onto zebra print paper and then onto black cardstock. I leaft an 1/8" border around each mat. I then used glue dots to attach the matted photo to my background page. I cut a rectangular shaped block from white scrapbooking paper and inked around the edges with black ink. I then double matted that onto zebra print paper and black cardstock. I used self-adhesive stickers to spell out the word ZEBRA and attached it to my page. (see photo for placement).

I had a large cardstock sticker of a zebra and I placed it onto white scrapbooking paper and then trimmed it into a square size. I inked around the edges with black ink and then double matted it onto zebra print paper and black cardstock. (see photo for placement). To accent that block I simply used a black and white printed paperclip and paperclipped it to the block along the right edge of my paper.

To finish up I used my Cricut on the 1 1/4" size setting and the shadow letter effect to cut out the ZOOTASTIC and FUN! letters from black cardstock. I then ran those letters through my sticker maker machine and placed the ZOOTASTIC at the top of the page and the FUN! on the bottom left of my page. I took a fine point black marker and wrote the zoo name, date, etc. under the Zebra Block Sticker that I had made.

Overall...I love this layout! I think it came out beautiful and I only used BLACK and WHITE in the entire design of the Zoo (Zebra) page. Isn't it cute? LOL

No comments: