Sunday, January 15, 2012

Scrapbooking | Gia - The Bubble Blowing Little Girl - Scrapbook Layout Idea

My little granddaughter absolutely loves bubbles and last October I purchased her a big tub of bubbles with some speciality bubble blowing wands so her and her Pappy spent some time outdoors blowing lots of bubbles for me to catch! I just had to take a few photos & then scrapbook them.

This scrapbook layout is done in the 12x12 format. My background paper is made up of several pieces of scrapbooking paper. I used a sheet of solid medium pink cardstock paper as the base and then used a sheet of pink polka dot paper that measured 7" by 12" and run that across the middle but slightly off-center so that more space was at the top than what was at the bottom. I then cut 2 strips of paper with each one measuring 1" by 12" from lime green paper with pink polka dots and use that as paper ribbon to finish off each long edge of the pink polka dot paper. Finally I cut a strip of dark pink scrapbooking paper that measured 4 1/4" by 12" and ran that strip down the right side of the page.

I had 4 photos that I wanted to use so I cropped down 3 of them to fit onto the dark pink strip and placed them onto the layout with glue dots. I then framed them up with dark pink photo corners that had polka dots printed onto them. They blend in really nicely so it is hard to see in my photo. I cropped down my larger photo just slightly and matted it onto lime green and dark pink scrapbooking paper...left a 1/8" edge with the lime green paper and a 3/16" edge with the dark pink paper and placed it onto my layout with glue dots.

I had a cardstock title that says "Such a Beautiful Girl" that I matted onto dark pink scrapbooking paper and then trimmed around it leaving a 1/4" border and placed it at the top of my page to serve as my title block. I accented the little flower on it with a tiny dark pink rhinestone jewel.

To finish up the layout I used lime green cardstock letters to spell out her knickname of GIA and I chalked around their edges with dark pink chalk. I glued a tiny dark pink rhinestone on the dot of the I and then used glue dots to affix them under the larger photo.

I didn't do any journaling as you can clearly see what the photos are about. I did sign & date the layout in the bottom right corner of the page. I think this layout came out great and it only took me about 40 minutes to do! The colors are really vibrant but my camera flash made them look pale...but trust...they look great together!

No comments: