Thursday, January 5, 2012

Scrapbooking Romantic 50th Wedding Anniversary Scrapbook Layout Idea


A few months ago my great aunt handed me a box full of photos and asked me to scrapbook them for her and I am just now getting around to it. My great aunt has very simple tastes (she is now 86 years old) so I am keeping the layouts pretty streamlined and clean looking as I know she would like that more than me really cluttering up the pages. The layout above was done in the 12x12 format and took about 35 minutes to make.

The background is a piece of 12x12 printed scrapbooking paper done in offwhite with multi-shades of blue in an all-over rose print. I made 2 border strips from solid dusty blue cardstock paper that each measure 3/4" by 12" in size and used a fancy decorative edge on my paper trimmer to pretty up one edge on each strip and glued one to the top and to the bottom of the page.

I had 3 photos that were taken of them about 18 years ago so I cropped them down and matted them onto white cardstock and then onto dusty blue cardstock leaving a 3/16" around each mat. I placed them onto the page as seen in the photo above. I had a 4" diameter paper lacy edge doily that I cut in half and placed each half under the top and under the bottom of the photo of the two of them together on the right side of the page using tiny glue dots. I then accented each end with a 3-dimensional dusty blue flower.

I took a clear-adhesive sticker that says "Two People, One Heart" and matted that onto white and onto dusty blue cardstock and cropped it down for my title block. I then had my aunt write "Mr. and Mrs. Alvin ____" onto white cardstock in her own handwriting and matted that with dusty blue cardstock, leaving a 3/16" edge.

I think I accomplished a clean, simple and uncluttered look with the layout. Auntie loves roses and her favorite color is blue...hence my choice for the print paper and the solid cardstock.

No comments: