Sunday, January 1, 2012

Scrapbooking Aged to Perfection 50th Birthday Party Scrapbook Layout

Happy 50th Birthday to my Husband! Back in October 2011 we held a surprise 50th Birthday Party for my hubby at our local Olive Garden and had almost 30 guests. We had a fantastic time with a lot of great food! I wanted to do a scrapbook page of the Birthday Boy but I wanted it to be "manly" looking and this is what I came up with.

I used a piece of 12x12 scrapbooking paper with a black, dark burgundy and light yellow striped pattern. I then cut two strips that measure 1" by 12" from solid black cardstock and glued them along the top and bottom of the page. I used burgundy stickers to spell out "Ove The Hill Sam!" across the top and "The Birthday Boy" across the bottom.

I had 2 photos that I cropped down and matted them onto pale yellow and then black cardstock leaving an 1/8" border with the yellow and a 3/16" border with the black. I made a 1" by 2 1/2" size tab from yellow cardstock and matted that onto black cardstock and used a glue dot to place a round black button onto it. I slid the tab behind the #2 photo with about 1" of it sticking out. (see photo for pic placements & the tab).

I had 2 clear adhesive back stickers that I wanted to use...one that said "Aged to Perfection" and one that said "Make a Wish" and I put them onto pale yellow cardstock, inked around the edges in black and then matted the blocks onto black cardstock. I trimmed it down so that only 3/16" border remained. I used adhesive foam dots on the back of each one and placed them onto my page. To finish up the layout I used two chipboard numbers 5 and 0 and used glue dots to attach them to the upper right corner of the "Aged to Perfection" block.

I really like the clean (not cluttered) look of this layout and it is certainly manly looking! The layout took me about 35 minutes to make since I used stickers for my lettering and title blocks.