Saturday, December 10, 2011

Scrapbooking | Pretty As A Princess Toddler Girl Scrapbook Layout

Today I am sharing with you another layout that I made in the 12x12 format mostly using supplies that I received from Scrapbuck.com. If you have never purchased scrapbooking supplies from them I would like to suggest that you check them out. They have all of the name brands you love and they have them all at affordable prices!

For this layout I used a pink piece of scrapbooking paper that has "Princess" wording all over it from my own paper stash as the background for the layout. I had 3 photos of my little grand daughter wearing a pink princess costume that I wanted to use in the layout. I cropped 2 of them down just a little bit and then I cropped down the third one so that it measures 3" square. I then used 2 sheets of the pink textured cardstock and 1 sheet of the white textured cardstock from the Colorbok Deluxed Textured Cardstock pad that has 50 sheets in it from Scrapbuck and it only costs $6.00 to triple mat all three photos. The inner mat is pink, the middle one is white and the outer one is pink and I left an 1/8" border around each mat. I used double sided tape to mat them all and to apply them to my scrapbooking page.

I had a sheet of pink vellum in my stash and I cut the vellum on the diagonal and then placed the triangle of vellum onto my layout running from the top right down to the bottom left. I used their double sided tap to attach the vellum to my page and was pleasantly surprised that you can't see the tape underneath the vellum, yeah!!! I then cut six squares from the pink vellum that was leftover and each square measures 2 1/2" and then I cut each little square on the diagonal to make vellum photo corners for each of the three photos. Again, I used their double sided tape to adhere them onto the corners of each photo. I then took the tiny self-adhesive pink rhinestones and placed one in each corner on each photo to add a little Princess "bling" to the layout.
For my page title I simply used my Cricut on the #1 size setting and cut out the letters CUTIE from medium pink textured cardstock and then did the shadow setting and cut the same letters out of white textured cardstock (cardstock from the Colorbok Deluxe Textured Cardstock pad). I ran all the letters through my Xyron sticker maker to apply adhesive to the backsides and layered them together. I used my glue pen to glue them onto my layout.

I will admit, this layout took me an hour to make which is usually more time than what I usually like to spend on making one page. The reason it took so long was the triple matting of each photo along with cutting down vellum for photo corners. If you want a quicker page then just single mat or double mat your photos. This page costs about $3.00 to make if you purchase your supplies on sale and check out Scrapbuck.com for scrapbooking deals!

Disclosure: I was given free products by the company mentioned in this blog post to try out in my own home for all of my blog readers. My opinions, thoughts and ideas on those products are 100% unbiased and honest. I did not receive monetary compensation to write this post nor did I receive monetary compensation from the company. Your thoughts & opinions may differ from my own. Please read my Terms of Service & Disclaimer Policy here on my blog for further information. All information on this blog is copyright 2009-2011, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)